Tuesday, November 3, 2009

International Cuisine

So let me just start out by saying that I love my International Cuisine class! It is so fun and I feel like that is the class with the most creative control. && Chef Painter is definitely awesome and so much fun. He gives you good advice while giving you tips on how to improve your dish. I'd have to say he is my favorite, but shh, don't tell the other chefs. So each class we do a different country. So far we have done, Mexico, Japan, Argentina, Morocco, India, Greece, Thailand, and Spain! Next week we will be doing The Caribbean! So each class I have been working with the two girls who are way talented, Melissa and Kath! We each do a dish and help each other with whatever. We pick great dishes and try to make it stand out from the rest. So I have been trying to take pictures every class, but it's hard cause I keep forgetting my camera, whoops. But here are some shots I've gotten over the past several weeks!

Morocco


Everyone's food!


My food!
Moroccan Chili with 10,000 Grains of Sand. =]
Really, it's chili with a bunch of Moroccan spices, ground lamb, and veggies.
The couscous was cooked in chicken stock with pine nuts, golden raisins, mint, parsley, chives, and apricots. Chef Painter agrees that I make the best couscous. =]

India


Team Awesome.


Buffet of Deliciousness.


My Chicken and Apple Curry with an Almond Rice.

Greece


My Big, Fat, Greek Buffet!


My food. Green bell peppers stuffed with ground beef, white wine, spices, and feta with side of rice.
Gotta have a little Greek wine. Too bad we didn't have any Ouzo, OPAH!!!!

Spain


A paella fiesta!
I didn't take a picture of my dish, but I made pork chops with a white wine sauce with onions. It was good sauce, but it needed a big kick so I added Tabasco and red pepper flakes. It turned out great!
Oh and by the way, that's what the globe is going to look like in 2012. =]

I can't remember all the dishes I have made for the other classes, however I always don't have to worry about being hungry or think about what to eat for dinner.



Ciao Bella!

0 comments: