Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hola Amigos and Queso

Happy Cinco de Mayo to all.
Today was a very interesting eating day. Today, was my last day of yoga. That class was so amazing and I met so many incredible people. We decided to bring in food and eat after we did our "workout", which included headstands and shoulder stands. I'm proud to say I did both very well. I didn't want to get to fancy and extravagant with what I brought since it is so early in the morning, so I just stuck with strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries. I love fruit! Oh my goodness. I don't eat breakfast, but when I do, it is usually fruit. People brought doughnuts, carrots and hummus, nuts, dates, goat cheese, mango salsa, GUACAMOLE, more fruit, and danishes. It was such a light and wonderful meal. But what made it wonderful were the people who I was eating it with. Food can taste good, but it taste great when you eat it with other people, especially with love and charisma floating around. So I was full all day, and decided to have CHIPOTLE for dinner.

Ok, Chipotle is probably one of my favorite restaurants of all time, so it only made sense if I went there on Cinco de Mayo. Unfortunately, I didn't have anyone to go with, but the food was still good, as always. I always get a carnitas burrito with half pico de gallo and corn salsa, with a little sour cream, extra cheese, and guacamole. You always have to have the guacamole. It is worth the $1.80, trust me.


Sweet Bliss.

Mexican food is so grand. Again, Chef Rick Bayless is the king of sophisticated Mexican cuisine, and he knows and understands how Mexican food should taste and look. Man, I will meet him, and go to his restaurant one day. I swear it!

I hope everyone not only just drank tequila, but enjoyed the wonderful flavors and dishes of Mexico.
Adios mi amigos.

"I think the great Mexican cuisine is dying because there are fast foods now competing, because there are supermarkets, and supermarkets can't afford to keep in stock a lot of there very perishable products that are used for fine Mexican cooking. Women are working and real Mexican cooking requires enormous amounts of time."
-Alma Guillermoprieto

0 comments: