Friday, May 28, 2010

Question/Photo of the Week: Pizza!!!

I know, it has been forever since my last post, my apologies!
But it is Friday and today is the first for weekly posts of Question/Photo of the Week! I am way excited. So read, comment, look, get involved!


Question: What is your favorite kind of pizza, and where is your favorite place to get it?

Photo:
I chose this picture because lets face it, pizza is a revolutionary food. It is the only food you can have for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, hot or cold. It is the only food that involves all the main food groups. There's your bread, dairy(cheese), vegetables, meat, and fruit(pineapples and tomatoes)! I am simple when it comes to pizza, just cheese, cheese, and more cheese! My two favorite places for pizza is Louie's and California Pizza Kitchen. Cheese from Louie's, and from CPK, either the Jamaican Jerk Chicken or the Thai Chicken. Thank the food gods for Italians, otherwise where would we be on a Saturday night with our movie rental and pint of Coca-Cola?
Did you know that Americans alone eat 75 acres of pizza a day!?
Pizza is so versatile. There's deep dish, thin crust, thick crust, square pizza, circle pizza, stuffed pizza, two layer pizza, and on and on and on. And then there's the classic battle between Chicago deep dish vs. a New York thin slice. Of course, I like em' thin! So New York all the way! However, having an authentic Chicago pizza is an experience worth having!
I could keep going on with how amazing pizza is. Like how it is paired with ranch, it is like how two people meet and it love at first sight, but in this case it is love at first BITE! I think that at least once a week, we should all cheat on eating healthy, and order take out from our favorite pizza place, curl up on the couch, and watch a good movie. Maybe I will do that tomorrow night.
Ciao Bella!

“You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six.”
-Yogi Berra

2 comments:

Wendy :) said...

We love pizza in our family. I used to love Chicago deep dish but now that we live in California I love the unusual veggie combos with herb sauces. Thin crust of course. I tried grilling pizza once and it was amazing. Just so difficult to regulate the heat so you don't burn areas of the crust. I enjoy your writing :)

Madi said...

Oh my, Cali pizza is the best!!! You have to give me the recipe for grilled pizza, summer is here after all!
I appreciate you reading it!!!!
=]