Monday, June 14, 2010

Steak, My Favorite Animal

Hi everyone! Sorry about not posting a "Question/Photo of the Week" this past Friday. Things got a little busy, and I didn't have a chance. This Friday though, for sure, there will be a post!

So this past week was Matthew's Dad's Birthday! Happy Birthday, again, Mr. B! We celebrated his birthday with a great homemade dinner. We had baked potatoes, garlic bread, and best of all, steak. Not just any steak, my friends. We bought two giant rib eyes and two New York strips, one for each of us. We seasoned each with Montreal Steak Seasoning. A few minutes on a sizzling hot grill, and we had ourselves a monstery, juicy, hunk of meat. And when I say hunk, I mean hunk. I cooked mine to medium rare, and it was perfect. It melted in my mouth, the way a steak should. Thank you again, Bartleson family!

Steak is amazing. All I really need on it is salt, pepper, and maybe some crushed garlic. Medium rare is the only way I will eat a steak. If it "moos" a little, then perfect! Too done is too tough. It's like eating a hockey puck. With a great piece of meat, you don't want to kill it anymore than it already is.

A great recipe I have is called Jalapeno Pesto Steak. In a food processor, blend a jalapeno, cilantro, one clove of garlic, and the zest and juice of one lime. Add about a tablespoon of olive oil to blend. Choose your favorite cuts of meat and marinate for about a 30 minutes. Grill on high heat. Dice some tomatoes and lay across on the steak. Enjoy!

"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook."
-Julia Child

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook."

She was the wisest woman ever. Ever. I am LOVING this blog, Madi. Keep it up.