Saturday, April 17, 2010

For my Grandma

So I made meatloaf last week, and my Grandma Laurie has been telling me almost everyday to post this delish meatloaf recipe. The recipe is actually my Grandma Connie's. So it is delicious, and so wonderful. Trust me, it is much better than your Lunch Lady's meatloaf in Lunch Lady Land. So make and eat it! It's great to have with mashed potatoes and corn.

Grandma's Meatloaf

Ingredients:
-1.5 lb of ground beef
-1/2 lb of ground sausage, preferably hot breakfast
-1 small onion, small, small diced
-2 packets of Quaker Instant Oatmeal Maple and Brown Sugar
-1 cup of ketchup
-1 cup, or bottle, of your favorite BBQ sauce, same some to drizzle on top
-1 egg

Directions:
-Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
-In a large bowl, combine the beef, sausage, onion, Instant Oatmeal packets, ketchup, BBQ sauce, and egg.
-Don't over mix. You just want to combine all the ingredients thoroughly.
-Grease a casserole dish. Round out the mixture in the dish. Pour the rest of the BBQ sauce of the meat.
-Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. Check to if is done. If not, 10 more minutes and it's perfect!
-Serve and Enjoy!!!

Take that Lunch Lady!



Haha. It looks like poop.

"And I would do anything for love, I'd run right into hell and back. I would do anything for love, I'll never lie to you and that's a fact. But I'll never forget the way you feel right now, oh no, no way. And I would do anything for love, Oh I would do anything for love, I would do anything for love, But I won't do that, No I won't do that."
-Meat Loaf

1 comments:

Karen Bartleson said...

Madi, you should have your own show on Food Network. Seriously! Sandra Mann's meatloaf looks disgusting. Yours makes my mouth water. And I don't even like meatloaf!