Thursday, April 22, 2010

Last Night, I Had A Dream

"...I found myself in a desert called Cyber Land." Ha ok just kidding. If you aren't sure what that is from, go rent Rent.

So back to my dream. It started out in a dark hall and I saw a pinkish, purple light coming from a door. I entered and was in a room full of chocolate, candy, cookies, cake, and everything dessertalicious! There were bright colors everywhere. It was very Willy Wonka-esque. Little toy trains zoomed around, balls were bouncing everywhere, and trapeze artists were performing. The candies were very whimsical and unique. I remember trying chocolate chip rum cookies, lavender chocolate truffles, and sage fudge. Even the candy from the picture on my blog was in it (see above). It was wonderfully delicous, well in my dream it was. Even Matthew's sister's chocolate covered red velvet cake balls were in it (Angie, I think that is my favorite dessert now, thanks!)

The one thing that was frequently in my dream were chocolate covered marshmallows. Those were the one things that my dream kept going back to. I remember walking up to the register and purchasing like 2 pounds of just that.

When I woke up this morning, of course, I had a huge craving for chocolate! So after I got ready, I headed over to The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. I could have bought that whole store, thank the food gods I didn't, othwise I'd be in debt. I got chocolate caramel, macadamia nut bears, fudge, and peanut butter chocolates. I tried all of them, and have to say my heart melts when I eat them, just the way they melt in my mouth! It was a wonderful day full of chocolate and bliss. Hopefully, I will have more dreams like the one I had last night.

The Holy Land.

What is it about chocolate that makes us so crazy for it. I know as a woman, I crave it. People always say, forget diamonds, chocolate is a girl's best friend. I agree completely. I don't eat very many sweets, but I will give in to chocolate any day, any time. My favorite kind of chocolate is either milk chocolate coconut truffles or chocolate covered macadamia nuts. What's your favorite? Have you ever had anything unique? I tried the ancho chipotle truffle from The Rocky Mountain Factory, and it was very delicious, but at the same time it burned the back of my throat, in a good way though.

"If there's no chocolate in heaven, I'm not going."
-Author Unknown

1 comments:

Karen Bartleson said...

The most interesting - and delicious - chocolate I ever had was lemon pepper. It was dark, tangy, and spicy. Yum!